Dragonheart – Quick Play & Discussion

Today we’re trying out a new segment and running a “quick play” of one our favorite 2 player games, Dragonheart! This is our first time featuring this type of segment so we’d love to hear your feedback. Let us know what you think in the comments below!

In this series you’ll be joining our group of friends for a post-game discussion. We’ll be giving our impressions of the game as well as highlighting exciting moments from our session.

Questions or Comments? Feel free to contact me at info@bgreplay (dot) com or in the comments below!

Thank you to Catherine Stippell for providing us with the Closed Captioning for this video.

Follow us on Twitter at @boardgamereplay

Check out our Facebook page for updates and info in between video uploads!

Thanks so much!

INDEX

00:00 – Introduction & Rules Overview
03:20 – Game Play Begins
15:26 – End Game Results & Discussion

• FINALLY!

I looked around atleast 3-4 how-to play videos for this game! And YOURS finally did it!

THANK you guys! I got it as an Easter present for my roomy that's really losing it to cabin fever, and now I KNOW for sure, this game's gonna bring the cheer!!!

I'm introducing my roomy to board games! Which other simple or fun or not TOO complicated board games would you recommend, if I could please pick your brain?

So far, we play Kolejka (a fun Polish game based around communism and getting shopping done 😀 ), Pandemic, Betrayal At the House on the Hill (the most elaborate game we have so far), Mysterium, Dixit (we're taking a break from this game and describing visuals at the moment), Cards Against Humanity and a few other super simple ones!

I hope that gives an idea, and THANK you for reading this comment and its alright if you don't have time to reply!

Hope all's well with you guys!!! Cheerio!

bhed kumar July 14, 2020 11:07 am Reply
  • Did she add the 3 points for possessing the dragon? If not, she won! 🙂

kDandy July 14, 2020 11:07 am Reply
  • Great video and great shirt!

Elsymir J July 14, 2020 11:07 am Reply
  • Thank you! Needed to learn how to play in a really shirt time, and your video helped 🙂

Yuliia Shkarovska July 14, 2020 11:07 am Reply
  • when your wife played the sorceress and took the dragon cards (about 7.05), why did she not take the treasure card as well as the arrow is pointing there too? Do you only choose one or other?

PeteWatson76 July 14, 2020 11:07 am Reply
  • Lost Cities is a good little two-player card game.  Dungeon Roll is good little dice game that goes pretty quick.  Love Letter is quick, but is better with three or more.

Gaming Support July 14, 2020 11:07 am Reply
  • Thanks for the video. I've been going back and forth on this one for about two weeks. We already have Dragon Hoard, Eggs & Empires + other games that look and play similarly to this one. I skipped over to Amazon and bought it 3/4 of the way through your playthrough. 🙂 We enjoy Tessen, Biblios, Valley of the Kings, Diamonds, Love Letter, Morels, Targi and Dead Man's Draw.

stacie haden July 14, 2020 11:07 am Reply
  • Great Video Matt, it was cool to see you play with your wife since playing with my girlfriend is how I do at least 50% of my gaming. Would love to see more of this format in the future, and congrats on the upcoming arrival.   Seems like a cool game, you may have once again sold me on a game…at least this is one I can get in this country cough mysterium cough :).  Our current travel 2 player games are Qwixx, Red7, Age of War, and Dragon's Hoard.  All very fun and small.

Bret Kelso July 14, 2020 11:07 am Reply
  • That is a super cool looking game. Thanks for the vid!

Mel Mel C July 14, 2020 11:07 am Reply
  • Yay for baby number 2! 😄

Jenn S July 14, 2020 11:07 am Reply
  • This looks perfect for my wife and son!

Travis Merkle July 14, 2020 11:07 am Reply
  • Matt! Awesome video man. Very nice to meet/see your lovely wife on a board game replay video. Hope you guys keep it up! A great way to introduce games to couples :). Congratulations on the second kiddo as well!

Always a good time, you are keeping up one of my favorite and most influential youtube channels. Thanks man!

Zach Tedford July 14, 2020 11:07 am Reply
  • Your wife is just precious!  God bless you and your family.   And I really like this segment style!

Ray Myers July 14, 2020 11:07 am Reply
  • well they dont just play card games AMIRITE GUYS ?? i meant, dice games, yeah those.

Brendan Plays July 14, 2020 11:07 am Reply
  • Like the quick play – looks like a fun game!

Louis Azor July 14, 2020 11:07 am Reply
  • Nice format! Hope to see more of this in the future. ^^

I really liked this 2 player game! Would someone know where I can find this in Spain (or Europe)?

Myr July 14, 2020 11:07 am Reply
  • I love this format and game!  I don't get to play it much though!  I think the dragon is worth some points at the end of the game but I would have to double check that to make sure.  Your wife seems to be a good game player!  I look forward to seeing what game you have next on the agenda!  Keep up the great work, Matt!

kingplayer14 July 14, 2020 11:07 am Reply
  • Hey, great seeing you play this game. I play and like this a lot. Do me a favour and check out CABO. It's an awesome little card game that is a ton of fun with two (or more) players. Great for couples…

Lines42 July 14, 2020 11:07 am Reply
  • Another awesome video and glad you got Jennifer to play. My wife plays most games with me as well at least once, but she wins nearly all the time, and I mean ALL the time so it was good to see the "Husband" representative of our hobby get up on one 🙂  Keep them coming 🙂

ReXross July 14, 2020 11:07 am Reply
  • I really like the quick play videos, especially if they're going to be two player games. I'm always looking for two player games I can play with my husband. One of our favorites to play is Flux, more specifically Cthulhu Flux. I'm huge into the Cthulhu Mythos, he isn't, but he surprisingly really likes that game.

ticisgreat July 14, 2020 11:07 am Reply
  • You have a beautiful wife AND she plays games with you! I can't imagine a thing more wonderful, I am in luck having a fiancee to game with as well, but half my gaming group consists of people who have a significant other that does not 'understand' the hobby. Some have tried, but others are not even interested in trying it out.

People forget the importance of play for personal and social development or just think it is childish.

Kristo Vaher July 14, 2020 11:07 am Reply
  • I enjoyed this and would gladly like to see more of these 'quick plays'.
    For us, when we travel, we like to take "Perry Rhodan", "Omen: Reign of War", "Pocket Battles". We like to put the contents of these games into little cloth drawstring bags, (like what you get in 'Puzzle Strike'), and we put the rules into a folder. This makes them easy to pack and preserves the original boxes from getting any crush.
    "Roma" is also a nifty game that can be packed into a little bag as well. Nice to see "Dragonheart" is still getting some attention, well done!

winterplum July 14, 2020 11:07 am Reply
  • I like the new segment. Always nice to see spouses playing together…
    Love the channel..you've got a great gaming group. Great interaction, meaningful discussion, variety of viewpoints. It's a great mix. Keep up the good work!

SR Forrester July 14, 2020 11:07 am Reply
  • Nice work! I like the new format. I would've liked to have seen what was in your hand at various points to get a better sense for the decisions you were making, but it worked well enough.

As far as quick two-player games go, I love, love, love Stefan Feld's Roma and Arena: Roma II. I can't recommend them enough. (They are both worth getting, but, if you can only get one, Arena is the better of the two.) They have the best usage of dice in any game I've played.

DarthEd77 July 14, 2020 11:07 am Reply
  • Nice quick game, although unless you're removing junk cards from your hand… it's so risky to not play a full set on those threshold areas, like only playing 2 dwarves out of 4.

Also, looks like you'll be having more players to play with soon.  Time to be Dice Tower!

Red Mage July 14, 2020 11:07 am Reply
  • Great vacation idea… GAMES!!  YESS!

Awesome quick video here, keep it up man!

josda1000 July 14, 2020 11:07 am Reply
  • You guys are cute, do more videos together!

Kim Durand July 14, 2020 11:07 am Reply