How To Play Yu-Gi-Oh! in 2019!

► Love my content? Consider supporting me via Patreon!
► Or Join via YouTube Channel Membership!
► Or support me via PayPal!
► Or buy some Merch from my Store!

Returning to Yu-Gi-Oh! can be hard for any player, regardless of the length of time they were away from the game. Today I thought I’d compile and cover the biggest changes to the Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game, to help you get up to speed and start playing Yu-Gi-Oh! in 2019!

Subscribe & check back for more content – New Yu-Gi-Oh! Content 4-5 days a week!

► Twitch:
► Twitter:
► Facebook:
► Instagram:
———————————————————————————————–

Part of the Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist Alliance!
► SimplyUnlucky:
► CyberKnight:
► TeamSamuraiX1:
► Cimoooooooo:
► Team APS:
► JrbJobber:
———————————————————————————————–

#YuGiOh #YuGiOhTCG #Cimoooooooo

Song: LAKEY INSPIRED – Chill Day (Vlog No Copyright Music)
Music provided by Vlog No Copyright Music.
Video Link:

• wtf?! 😂😂 Anyone playing this version of yugioh ? (if you can still call this yugioh 😅) Does this complexity actually make the game better?

Marco Ponts July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • Very good video bro. I like how you broke it down. 👍

GentleFist Infinity July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • My friends: die hard yugioh players
    Me who just collects them and has favorites: I just think they're neat

Zero July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • April 2020: I’m about to start returning Yu-Gi-Oh! Players’ careers! (I din’t actually know if this makes much sense)

Eidolon Phoenix July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • You need 2 lvl 4 monsters for a 4lvl monster?
    Me and my friend just play the old style game up until synchro summoning. I guess it’s just nostalgia, but these newer styles are not fun.

Matjaž Šparaš July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • I really want to play and maybe i will one day but this very complicated. I dont think i could just pick up and play which is a shame. I wish cards had secret effects like in the anime . Lol thanks for the info . I still love yugioh

evan love July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • Wow I remember when I started playing yugioh, back in 2003-4 man I got so into it, won local tournaments had like 5 decks my favorite was my Dragon/Blue eyes deck, stopped playing in 2010, kinda want to go back to it, started watching people play the new cards amd decks and it's just not fun anymore at least not to me, players get defeated in 2 turns with like on hundred effects of a card, that fun and excitement you felt activating trap cards, no longer in the game trap cards i think they're useless now thanks to pendulum or xyz, man this was a great game, but I guess it's just not for me anymore, oh well.

pepOnshow July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • I have missus radiant

Lazar Kojovic July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • Could you still get away with making a decent deck with cards from legend of blue eyes, magic ruler, metal raiders, pharaohs servant, labyrinth of nightmare, legacy of darkness, invasion of chaos, dark crisis, ancient sanctuary, pharaonic guardian, magicians force rise of destiny, the lost millennium etc. As those sets the only cards I enjoy collecting, love the old tcg

DS July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • Thats exactly why im here.

paul p July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • I just miss the OG rules of yugi oh. It's just so simple, relying only on the effects and power of your monster.

Gideon Gasataya July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • I played all the games from the gbc to tag force 3 on psp, I thought I was ready for the tgc, thank you so fucking much for making such an specific tutorial for us

Javier M. July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • You literally described my exact situation in the first minute, i’m glad I found this vid man I want to get back into it but pendulums and links or whatever are a little confusing to me, however i’m trying my best here lmao

OpenDistress34 July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • I have personaly played with cards up to the end of GX so I am at a loss as to what in the 9 hells is happening with these new fusion monsters that dont require polymerization whose description equals 2 or 3 ritual cards thyped in font size 2 or the half and half cursed image cards that i thought were fake misprints that can be used also as spell and trap cards. I am verry confused and scared and my brain will erode further so please for the love of D&D clarify. Thank you in advance

J.D.N. CLOWD July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • Y do you cou in video

Jeremy St Rose July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • Enemy: Uses pendulum summoning and link summoning to summon an army of monsters Your turn.
    Me: Draws tha last card of Exodia from my first generation deck I won.
    Enemy: Wut…

Freezed Ice July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • from an mtg player that came in out of curiosity: this game feels so damn complicated. I could literally explain all the mtg mechanics in 13 mins. I remember yu-gi-oh to be fairly simple when I played as a kid, what the * happened?

91elpiris July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • yu gi oh is better the old way it's simpler and fun

SRS July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • 🤕😞😒

Benne 31 July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • I HAVEN'T PLAYED YUGIOH SINCE DUEL ACADEMY HAHAHA, AND YES I'VE STOPPED PLAYING SINCE THE SYNCHRO ERA, 5Ds stuff. this video definitely help meeee

Adam Caniones July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • Seeėeeeeeeėeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemooooooooooooooooooo

Sport Boss July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • Pendulum ruined the game

Benedetto Bruno July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • Not in 2020 btw

TUA MADRE July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • I like my videos

Stephanie VanMeter July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • This is why Duel Links when you go first you don't draw a card.

Michael A Burns July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • Great video man really appreciate it. Left the game just when the xyzs were introduced and can’t wait to get back into it after this. Thanks again

Louis J Byrne July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • This just made me not want to play lol too much going on nowadays

KoreyTheBum July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • what the fuck

jomeeo July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • I just went through my cards, made 4 whole decks of 60 cards. Tomorrow, I’m going to start making side decks for the ones I made today.

Aedan Lizardi July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • Extra monster zone? My fluffal deck is weeping

EpicGamerJake July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • Man it’s like not even the same game anymore…

Xray1281 July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • I played 2006 the last time so i have sone questions. It seems oldschool yugio just got killed of these new systems and it seems there are sooo many differemt cards that it will be hsrd to have any overview.. Soooo, do i need to know all new cards since then? Is it possible to have a chance nowadays with oldschool decks? (gx decks like crystal beasts) And is it possible to get a descent deck with not too much money? And are there players who boykott the new yugioh and just play with oldschool decks?

Fabulous K July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • You need to Delete this on April 1 2020 😆😂😂 they will be confused by this

Your Designer YUGI July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • This vid:*uses link monsters*
    Me:*looks at the anime and Judgement arrows * the fuck is this? Why do we not have it?

Scott Hilts July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • *when you left after new challengers came out

Hugh Mungus July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • Wait wtf is synchro and xyz monsters?? forget it you lost me there lmao

DanyBizzyD July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • I'm just gonna play old rules with friends. I don't feel like buying these link and pendulum cards, they make my deck disadvantaged if I don't have them. I have fusion, XYZ, and synchro summons, but these two new summon types are just too extra. I general, I don't like these new rules, definitely sticking to the somewhat older rules in my duels.

VelvetNemesis02 July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply
  • I stopped playing 4 years ago Wth shit changed so quick I don’t understand it no more. Makes me a bit sad

eric_gto July 8, 2020 7:29 pm Reply