Learning Transformers | Gameplay Tutorial with Rules Explained

For a more in-depth look at the rules of the game, visit our full Learning Series at

We play through a game of Transformers, explaining the rules as we go and teaching the basic concepts as we would during an in-person demo.

Visit our website to learn more about who we are, shop products and subscriptions, and catch up on blogs and podcasts:

Sign up for our email updates to receive relevant product and content updates before anyone else:

Or connect with us directly on social media.

Facebook:
Twitter:
Instagram:

Thank you so much for watching, sharing, and purchasing. It allows us to keep moving forward!

Images originating from the Wizards of the Coast or Hasbro website are © Wizards of the Coast. Transformers TCG and other Wizards of the Coast Games and their logos are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast Games. Images and trademarks used without permission. This website is unofficial and is not endorsed by Wizards of the Coast.

Copyright Covenant TCG Inc. All Rights Reserved.

• So ruling question, you said once you run out of cards you shuffle your deck. Does that include the "set aside pile" when you are attacking and you run out of cards when you reveal?

ngforsgren July 10, 2020 11:41 am Reply
  • Hello. Got an autobot starter and 6 wave 1 boosters to try the game, but my friend and I don't have the time or opportunity to study and build a deck. I was wondering if anyone has an idea so that we could still play and have fun, without having to prepare the decks? Would just randomizing the characters and battle cards for each work? Can we pile all the battle cards in just one deck and play from there or are there cards and mechanics that make this impossible? Also saw the turbo version of the game but I have to order my boosters online and I think that playing with more than 2 characters might be better. Thank you for the help.

Matthew Murdock July 10, 2020 11:41 am Reply
  • For the guns over hand weapons of cybertronians I think I have an answer. Cybertronians having built in weapons is super convenient as you can never forget a weapon or have to reload but there's a huge problem. Built in weapons cannot be detatched so there isn't a lot of mobility options. For example, if you have a sword you can swing it in weird angles depending on how you grip the weapons and with a gun or blaster you can easily swap gun between hands for certain situation of being in a corner or pinned in a wall. Another example comes from Transformers, Rise of the Fallen. This is when Optimus was fighting the Fallen, Megatron and Starscream. Optimus was able to break Megatron's cannon arm and angle it to when the cannon discharged, it shot right into Megatron's face. This means that against a skilled fighter a built in weapon can easily be redirected. In addition it seems much easier to upgrade weapons you can hold as arsenal rather than build an upgrade inside of you.

A G July 10, 2020 11:41 am Reply

Games n Hobbies 4 U July 10, 2020 11:41 am Reply
  • I wanna see you guys play with the titan set, I was luckkky enough to find the Metroplex Set from the Super Walmart in Cinti
    And would it be funny if someone did a Yu-Gi-Yo parody animated? ^_^

MrDEMarq July 10, 2020 11:41 am Reply
  • Do you select your transformers tcg

Christan Jacob Salovino July 10, 2020 11:41 am Reply
  • How many cards to play

Christan Jacob Salovino July 10, 2020 11:41 am Reply
  • The game has changed since wave 1 with tons of rule changes and a few banned cards. The game is more competitive now and takes a lot more knowledge to play. Awesome game now.

Rhode Island Transformer tcg July 10, 2020 11:41 am Reply
  • The only thing I'm confused on is tapping

TheHoorayfriday July 10, 2020 11:41 am Reply
  • Hey, I love your show and all, but a mistake you made in the tutorial keeps popping up when new players show up at game stores. They seem to get confused about what happens after all characters are tapped and become untapped. Of course, the real way to resolve it is the player who went last ended his turn, and the other player gets to go next. I'm really happy new players get to learn the game through this video, but if you could put some sort of correction in the video or reupload it without the mistake, you would really help a lot of people out! Thanks in advance.

Thomas van Dijk July 10, 2020 11:41 am Reply
  • So when it is your turn, You can only flip one card? And is flipping optional?

SirHaloFan UNSC SPARTAN 2 July 10, 2020 11:41 am Reply
  • Even though it seems very luck based, I like the drawing cards to defend mechanic because it allows for a faster paced attack phase

Triple Pixel July 10, 2020 11:41 am Reply
  • What if I draw my two battle cards when attacking, and then get to draw a 3rd card bc of Bold 1, but get a white "special" on that 3rd card? Do I still get to draw 2 extra cards or does the special ability only occur if drawn in the standard 2 cards?

el Mudman July 10, 2020 11:41 am Reply
  • That feel when this game already has a banned card….

Gmanunit13vers2 July 10, 2020 11:41 am Reply
  • You made a whole video,… and you have Autobots VS Autbots!? ugh……………..

910AM Superstation Funnies July 10, 2020 11:41 am Reply
  • I still can't believe that a decepticon starter deck doesn't exist. Surely the best way to get anyone into this is to be able to have an autobot vs decepticon battle (including optimus vs megatron) from the start.

Scott Wallbank July 10, 2020 11:41 am Reply
  • thanks guys

steve2275 July 10, 2020 11:41 am Reply
  • Crispy editing and tutorial!

J Will July 10, 2020 11:41 am Reply
  • These were in my local Walmart then they disappeared without a trace and have yet to return. There's not even a single price tag says Transformers tcg

Metroplex Grimlock July 10, 2020 11:41 am Reply
  • Hi. I'm want to know if attack is something I must do as per rules, or if I'm able to pass without attacking. Thanks.

Randy Lajara July 10, 2020 11:41 am Reply
  • …… Is there A megatron starter Deck?

X Punishment July 10, 2020 11:41 am Reply
  • the card art is just ripped from idw comics and box art

Robin Swede July 10, 2020 11:41 am Reply
  • just wondering but would you ever do/try out bakugan?

kyoya941 July 10, 2020 11:41 am Reply
  • This game looks neat but the character effects look a bit basic.

lonewolf July 10, 2020 11:41 am Reply
  • Just bought some. Saw them at walmart. Give them my support.

Sushi Sashimi July 10, 2020 11:41 am Reply
  • So, if you have a pierce 3 and attack a bot with less than 3 hp, does it say in the rules anywhere where you still have to draw cards for the randomization damage/defense? I suppose you'd still go through the motions because it would still influence the game's future.

HyperCazual July 10, 2020 11:41 am Reply