Let's Play Calendula | Indie Horror Game Full Walkthrough

Another ‘meta-horror’ game that gets quite inventive. Slowly you’ll discover what this is all about…

►Please consider sharing/rating this video to help the channel grow.
►Follow me on Twitter –
►Follow me on Google+ –
►Follow me on Facebook –

►Buy/Download Calendula –

►About the Game –

Calendula is an experience. Calendula is a mystery.
Calendula is a glass full of blood. Calendula is an experiment.
Calendula is an atmospheric game. Calendula is a flower.

Calendula is your deepest secret…

Calendula begins as a usual game… until it is not anymore.
The player’s goal will be to unveil the mystery behind an apparently broken game, but it won’t be easy.

Calendula’s mechanics are entirely focused on the struggle of trying to start a game,exploring the limits of the 4th wall and breaking with conventions.

Calendula’s aesthetics follows an increasing obscure atmosphere, plunging the player into a disturbing, thrilling experience.
The narrative is built within a labyrinth of metaphors and abstractions, ready to be unraveled.

Unlike other games, the player will feel asif things didn’t work the way they should, similar to Twin Peaks’ Red Room (David Lynch).
The player’s journey goes from simple to complex, from bright to somber,from real to dreamlike.

To follow Calendula’s path, the player will have to use his wit and think outside the box. In this case, a tiny oppressive box.

• Hated every second of it, so why did i watch it? I had nothing else to do at the moment

FPrimusUnicron July 8, 2020 1:32 pm Reply
  • Does the jokes in begin was part of the game? Cool. First are changes your setup for you play later. CJU, dude! I appreciating it!!! Great art-conceptual-puzzle-game!!!! This game is pretty cool!!!! Thanks for to bring us this game. Soon I'll be back. Let's continues watch it. The developers are criatives, yes, inventives. I liked, CJU. Lovely game, CJU… lovely game… I adore this weird games. Pretty sure, this is longer game, for me it is a conceptual art-experience! Yes, … Thank you buddy! I still continues combine in my mind all walkthrough and wonder "what, why , where and how". Fine, pretty good! 😀

Arquivo Morto July 8, 2020 1:32 pm Reply
  • Meh.

Willow Archibald July 8, 2020 1:32 pm Reply
  • What a crappy game.

Hope Sorrowgrave, The Outcast July 8, 2020 1:32 pm Reply
  • Can you try Allison road?

A.R. July 8, 2020 1:32 pm Reply
  • I don't know how anyone could confuse that leaf symbol for a thong ? Like of all things to confuse it with 😂

Tyler Vaughn July 8, 2020 1:32 pm Reply
  • milk steak!!!!!

S. Tenise Reynolds July 8, 2020 1:32 pm Reply
  • Good lord. You picked up on the birth thing much quicker than I did, and I've been through it!

What a weird game. Love the concept though!

Kat Standfield July 8, 2020 1:32 pm Reply
  • I'm going to have to watch this again. I wonder if there were 9 stages?

bee pot July 8, 2020 1:32 pm Reply
  • 11:19 They're nerves, you just gotta look varicosely

kennynitro17 July 8, 2020 1:32 pm Reply
  • The interiors reminded me of certain dreams I had as a child. This also made me think about what an unborn child might dream about — if they dream at all!? I wonder if they would have any idea about shapes the same way we do — like stairs and hallways etc… as depicted in this game. I somehow doubt it, but, who knows, maybe through some connection with the mother!?

Any doubts about realism aside, I quite liked the game in itself, even if the birth thing didn't come as much of a surprise. I guess it builds on the idea of the womb being the ultimate asylum and that being forced to leave it, by being born, is thought of as a horrible experience.

The concept was great, but I think they could have done a lot more with it (like for example using the pitch setting to be able to hear an otherwise unintelligible word).

Why did they name it (the game as well as the baby) "Calendula"? Is there anything behind that choice?

Maskinkultur July 8, 2020 1:32 pm Reply
  • Hahahahaha! Yea…I think this is going through birth…Maybe the player is the baby XD otherwise this was a good, weird game. Solving problems and all that.

Boo Sweets July 8, 2020 1:32 pm Reply
  • I think this game was simulating what it feels like to give birth through the C-section.

strangerdangrrr July 8, 2020 1:32 pm Reply
  • pregnancy is like a game bug

strangerdangrrr July 8, 2020 1:32 pm Reply
  • I got a short temper and suffer from extreeeme rage!! I must avoid this game at all costs..

slick trill July 8, 2020 1:32 pm Reply
  • So..did the milk steak represent getting it on or…

Trystero July 8, 2020 1:32 pm Reply
  • I really feel like the kid in this story is going to grow up to do horrible things to people.

Grace Kelley July 8, 2020 1:32 pm Reply
  • Seriously disappointing .. need more haunted house style games..

Darrin S July 8, 2020 1:32 pm Reply
  • Hmm.
    Good video and I admire what this game is going for, but I'm just not feeling it.
    With Pony Island it sent you back to the title screen for a reason, and it was always followed by substantial gameplay and plot.
    In this game you seem to spend most of the time on the title screen, the puzzles just feel disconnected and without flare of Pony Island's personality.

amkibb July 8, 2020 1:32 pm Reply
  • In Imscared, can you tell me the names of the files I need to do stuff with. I was playing the Steam version, and I'm viewing all of the game's files via Steam's properties.

koolsteins July 8, 2020 1:32 pm Reply
  • This was seriously disappointing. Compared to what imscared did, this didnt' even compare.

Fluffy July 8, 2020 1:32 pm Reply
  • Oh my. Such a crazy experience.

BASSOSOVIETICO1987 July 8, 2020 1:32 pm Reply