Simple DIY Outdoor Horseshoes Game Pit

Simple DIY Outdoor Horseshoes Game Pit

We like to spend time in our Backyard with friends and wanted to add a horseshoes pit to our game selection. This was a simple diy project that was built in a day. We also used simple landscape lumber to keep the costs low, and it looked great.
We also added a simple cover over both horseshoe pits to keep our dog from digging up the sand.
Overall, after we played several games with family and friends, this diy project was a great investment in our family time.

Other Related Videos:

Backyard Upgrades Playlist:

Simple Raised Dog House

Picnic Table and Bench 2-in-1

+++++

For more behind the scenes content, follow us at:
instagram.com/specific_love_creations

+++++

If you would like to help support our channel, please use our affiliate page on Amazon, were we have listed a bunch of items we suggest.
Just follow this link:

Behind Sofa Table:

Large Custom Dog Bed / DIY How-To

Custom Pallet Wall Decor

Shoe Shelf Rack:

Flag Box Hidden Storage

+++++

Your results may vary depending on type of materials, your craftsmanship, and tools at hand. We are not responsible for any damages or injuries that might occur. Use of video content for personal projects is at your own risk.

Some links in description are affiliate links that let you help support our channel at no extra cost to you.
Music from YouTube library.

2 Timothy 2:20

• Great looking pit, however my concern is that by squaring it off like that with high walls around the sides and back you are making it a lot easier. Now someone is able to shoot too far, or too much to the left or right of the post and there is a chance it will hit off the wall and bounce back closer to the stake then it would have if the walls were not present.

Marty Taylor July 13, 2020 5:44 pm Reply
  • Wouldn't it look better if you cut plywood down to dimensions of inside of box then cut hole out for the rod.. Put a handle on it.

Tom July 13, 2020 5:44 pm Reply
  • Nice video. I have been making a DIY game video each day to pass time in lockdown. I will add this to my list. Subscribed.

DIY Minded July 13, 2020 5:44 pm Reply
  • Do you have a lumber an hardware list?

Kevin Feckner July 13, 2020 5:44 pm Reply
  • If you interlock the corners this will last longer and be more sturdy. I am going to make some but I will put the plastic down first and semi-bury and level the first layer of timbers on top of the plastic.

Christopher Coyne July 13, 2020 5:44 pm Reply
  • The sand should be deeper. You need at least 4 or 5 inches of sand. The stakes that come with those sets are not long enough. You need a 3/4" stake that is at least 3 ft. long

John Rhoades July 13, 2020 5:44 pm Reply
  • Thanks for the video!👍¡ I'm starting this project 2day bought 10 8ft pressure treated landscape ties can't wait to throw some shoes this year old pits are beat up. Wonder what else I can do 🤔

sr20boostjunkie July 13, 2020 5:44 pm Reply
  • Hi! What are the lengths of the nails used? Thanks

Kevin Collosi July 13, 2020 5:44 pm Reply
  • Great job do you remember how many landscaping boards it took for both pits?

ubbyrc July 13, 2020 5:44 pm Reply
  • Awesome project! Perfect for summer days in the yard!

Evolution Power Tools July 13, 2020 5:44 pm Reply
  • That xould qlso be used as a backyard seat if u made it sturdy…id me .ore worred about cats pooping in it.

Agusta Sister July 13, 2020 5:44 pm Reply
  • Great idea. I like the cover you made to put over the horse shoe pit. I like the idea you came up with for the cover. BTW I like the beard. Looks good. I have an idea for ya. Since it is spring think you could build a 1 in 2 picnic bench. Would you also include all the deminsions and hardware.

Rockyj Jones July 13, 2020 5:44 pm Reply
  • Nice!!!

KC TSP July 13, 2020 5:44 pm Reply
  • Man this takes me back. I’ve discovered cornhole as a late teenager and have played that ever since however I have fond memories of playing horseshoes with my dad as well!! I really like the idea of having a permanent home for horseshoes. It makes it so much more accessible just to go and play. Nice build Clinton

A Glimpse Inside July 13, 2020 5:44 pm Reply
  • The only thing I would add is a front runner to control sand & prevent mower/weed eater from catching the weed cover.

MrRickwe76 July 13, 2020 5:44 pm Reply
  • Never a dull moment around your home / shop! Highly enjoy your videos.
    *****. That's pretty cool!

Anthony Jordan July 13, 2020 5:44 pm Reply
  • Great video! Appropriate Bible verse!

TheLightHouseLady July 13, 2020 5:44 pm Reply
  • Great project. Functional and designed for family fun. Loved it. Don

Show-Me Fish Tales July 13, 2020 5:44 pm Reply
  • Again a great useful video. Great looking project. Got to watch out for the neighborhood dogs. Best wishes.

Bobby Fowler July 13, 2020 5:44 pm Reply
  • Okay, my hubby now has this on must build for our back yard. We already have a in ground pool and we are slowly adding things that make us the attraction for the families. So they will want to vacation with us that way they bring the grandkids and nieces and nephews to us. We know that we are sneaking and we are okay with it….lol

Donyna Johnson July 13, 2020 5:44 pm Reply